Superman Homepage posted the highlights of the candid interview with Smallville‘s Tom Welling appeared on ”Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.”
- Tom likes a “Caddilac” margarita, in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
- Judd Apatow gave Tom his first break, in the TV show Undeclared.
- He said he was bummed out about the end of Smallville, and that he can’t believe it’s been ten years.
- He wanted to take souvenirs from the set, but got little beyond a pencil, because everything was marked, catalogued, and archived.
- Tom got a surprise “Congratulations, You’re Unemployed” party thrown by his wife for him.
- Tom’s mom got to make a brief wave to the camera. His father was also in attendance.
- When asked “Do you become Superman?” Tom said that Warner Brothers would kill him if he told, and was coy about whether he will get married to Lois. When asked to wink if he flies, Tom covered his face and either winked or didn’t at Fallon, joking and hiding his eyes. Fallon said he didn’t wink.
- He joked further, saying people will or won’t be pleased if they expect him to wear the suit, fly, or get married.
- In a brief scene from the finale, it is hinted Lois is considering cancelling the wedding.
The series finale will air on May 13th on The CW.